A strong sense of togetherness has always defined the Waring community. While we shouldn't share a common space now, we can always share the Waring experience. Below are eight free online resources inspired by our curriculum. Please stay connected and try a few at home.
- Take a virtual tour of four exhibits at the Louvre, the world-renowned museum every junior visits while on Waring’s three-week Junior Trip to France.
- Stay in tune with a subject of paramount importance to most Waring students by enrolling in “Our Earth's Future,” a free online course offered by the American Museum of Natural History.
- Browse a library of more than 1,000 free audiobooks, including Waring favorites: Jane Eyre, The Great Gatsby, The Iliad, and many others.
- Learn to communicate with a Waring student by taking Duolingo’s free French language lessons.
- Enjoy some good art and learn a bit about Waring’s faculty and staff by browsing KB Breiseth’s Look Meeting Archive.
- Experience the Boston Symphony Orchestra, a popular Waring field trip destination, by checking out the BSO’s online performance recordings and behind-the-scenes videos.
- Learn to write computer code like our Group 1 students by enrolling in Carnegie Mellon University’s free “CS0” computer science course.
- Participate in Waring’s weekly writing prompt, which will be announced each Monday, starting March 30.
Coming soon: a list of Waring inspired offline activities to enjoy while we practice physical distancing.