Waring School seeks a part-time Learning Skills and ESL Support Specialist for the 2020-21 academic year. The position is 50% time, 2.5 days per week.
Applications accepted until October 1, 2020. To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Tim Bakland, Head of School
35 Standley Street
Beverly, MA 01915
Waring School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JOB TITLE: Facilities Manager & Caretaker
MISSION: Waring School is a co-educational, college preparatory day school for a student population of 160, grades 6-12 in Beverly, MA. Waring’s mission is “To create and sustain a community of lifelong learners who are working together for the individual and common good.”
SUMMARY: This full-time position is responsible for the management of all buildings and grounds on Waring’s 30 acre campus. Ideally, Waring’s Facilities Manager resides on campus in housing provided by the school.
The Facilities Manager & Caretaker will:
● Act as a project manager for both ongoing campus work and special projects as they arise based on the needs of the school.
● Oversee and manage all routine maintenance tasks relative to the operation of the campus properties.
● Oversee any staff with hours in buildings and grounds as their supervisor.
● Perform or oversee general and preventative maintenance work as required/requested on our main campus locations, such as basic landscaping, snow removal, plumbing, electrical, painting, masonry, carpentry, and other trade-related tasks as appropriate.
● Keep maintenance logs, inventory records and replacement schedules for equipment and supplies.
● Maintain budget spreadsheets for ongoing and special campus projects.
● Respond to school facilities-related emergencies during and / or after school hours.
● Maintain knowledge regarding methods of industrial cleaning, safety practices and procedures, and health standards and hazards.
● Schedule and coordinate annual inspections per state and county regulations.
● Monitor, service and perform or oversee minor repairs to various HVAC, plumbing and other utility systems throughout the facility.
● Oversee third party contracts and services related to maintenance of the facilities, such as: routine cleaning, Trash and Recycle pick-up, campus cleaning, HVAC, Elevator services, snow removal, pest control, landscaping, etc.
● Maintain manual and electronic documents, files and records (inspection records, time sheet, work orders and requisitions, supplies, chemical storage, crisis management data, security controls) for the purpose of documenting activities and ensuring an up-to-date reference.
● Work effectively under pressure to meet urgent deadlines in a service-oriented environment that can be subject to frequently changing priorities.
● Keep storage rooms organized and monitor inventory levels of supplies at all 3 campus locations.
● Coordinate and assist with unloading deliveries as needed, set-up and break down of rooms for special events, safety drills and crisis planning, monitor parking and campus traffic control.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School or others delegated by the Head of School.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
● Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently; while working independently with minimal supervision.
● Must be physically able to safely perform the various tasks required in accordance with OSHA regulations.
● Willing to work overtime hours during the week, or weekend, and stay late occasionally for school events as needed.
● Willing to take required courses to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of maintenance products and procedures.
● Must be able to work outdoors during inclement weather.
● Should be open, flexible and adaptable to new challenges and tasks as they come up.
● Basic knowledge of building codes and construction and architecture terminology.
● Effective communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to interact/communicate with all types of members of the community including teachers, administrators, board members, parents and students
● Hands-on knowledge and experience in the safe operation of a variety of tools, machinery, power equipment, etc.
SALARY, BENEFITS, AND APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
● This is a full-time, 12-month position and includes paid vacation aligned with the school calendar.
● The Facilities Manager ideally lives on the Waring campus
● Salary is commensurate with experience, with a very competitive benefit package, including on-campus housing
● Starting date: Late Fall, 2020
● Please email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job position in the “Subject Line” by October 16, 2020○ A cover letter that includes your vision for working at Waring School
Waring School actively seeks to increase the diversity of its faculty and student body, and does not discriminate in employment practice with regards to gender, race, color, disability status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, or national and ethnic origin. Waring offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.