Reports to: Director of Advancement
Mission: Waring School is a co-educational, college preparatory day school for Grades 6-12 in Beverly, MA. Waring’s mission is “To create and sustain a community of lifelong learners who are working together for the individual and common good.”
Summary: This full-time position is responsible for the planning, management, and execution of alumni engagement and school-wide events.
- Plan and drive a comprehensive set of Waring alumni engagement programs that connect alumni to one another and to the school’s mission and priorities, including an annual alumni reunion.
- Communicate with alumni through a newsletter, alumni Facebook page, emails, the alumni relations website, in conjunction with the Communications Manager.
- Coordinate with the Development Officer for the solicitation and acknowledgement of alumni donors.
- Maintain and update alumni contact information in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- In partnership with the Director of Advancement, identify a pipeline of alumni prospects and donors for a capital campaign, including identification, research, cultivation, and solicitation of alumni.
- Lead event planning for major school events, including convocation, Grandparents Day, annual fundraising auction, Graduation, Baccalaureate, among others.
- Coordinate with parent volunteers for all campus-wide events.
- Recruit, train and supervise student volunteers as needed.
As a member of the Advancement Team, this position is responsible for a variety of tasks that will arise through the year. This position is expected to be an inclusive member of the Waring community, and willing to help with tasks such as covering at the front office, aiding with admissions visitors, helping with faculty meetings, staffing Waring’s Downtown storefront, attending All School Meetings, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 year’s job related experience in volunteer management, sales, marketing, and/or customer service. Volunteer service counts toward experience. Preference for experience in an education and/or fundraising environment.
- Experience with Social Media outreach preferred.
- Familiarity and/or affiliation with Waring School preferred.
- Understanding of basic principles and ethics of donor relations and development.
- Willingness to travel and work nights and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to think critically, strategically, and creatively.
- Ability to effectively interface with constituents in a school environment including faculty, staff, students, board members, alumni and parents. Skilled in diplomacy, tact, uses good discretion and has the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent face-to-face, telephone, and written communication skills.
- Meticulous organizational, project, and time management skills. Must have ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a highly collaborative atmosphere.
- Experience with Microsoft Office required and experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Photoshop or Desktop Publishing preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package included.
Applications accepted until June 15, 2017. To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Laura Bitler, Director of Advancement
35 Standley Street
Beverly, MA 01915
Waring School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.